I wanted to use google’s federated login in my application and unfortunately found out that Zend Framework doesn’t support XRDS discovery. Fortunately (and as a testament to the size of the Zend Framework community) I wasn’t the first to hit this block and a patch was posted in the issue tracker. Not wanting to taint the library I added to my own library by extending the original and put in the patch to get this bad boy working. I also took it one step further and implemented part of the attribute exchange extension (the part that relates to specifically to the google spec. ). I’d like to get this fully done with unit tests, decoupled from google’s implementation and contributed back officially but until such time my updates can be downloaded here. Usage is the similar to that found in the original documentation except you’ll be instantiating Ak33m_OpenId_Consumer instead of Zend_OpenId_Consumer and using Ak33m_OpenId_Extension_Ax instead of Zend_OpenId_Extension_Sreg.
September 20, 2009